Content is king. If you have good content then it will become the base for setting up your marketing strategy. However, today, as more and more good content is added to the internet, even with quality content, it is almost impossible to stand out. With each passing day, more good content will flood the internet and normal organic visibility will become non-existent.
This is the issue of too much content, too many kings and far less eyeballs. The solution is to get some amplification behind the content so that it becomes a bit more visible.
Here, in this article, we will cover the top content amplification tips, so that the content we create will finally get consumed by a larger audience.
1. Reddit: Reddit has always been very strict with content. They don’t like link drops, but if you have a good sub-reddit category with plenty of relevant and interested users then linking out on related topics is possible. Reddit is a huge powerhouse for content sharing. The entire site is built up with user generated content and thus linking to outgoing sites is a common practice.
2. Quora: This is a social network with question and answers as the niche. There are questions on almost every niche and topic with plenty of answers already posted. If you spend time on Quora answering questions, and aim for posting the best answer that the question has, then in time Quora will start to become a huge referral traffic source.
3. Press Release: Posting press release has been an SEO and link building method for ages. Over the year, the link value of press release has been devalued but it is still a good means to amplify content. The process is fairly easy, the content needs to be written in the press release format and then find out the list of free press release submission sites and submit the press release content there.
4. Facebook Ads: The ads are always costly and they are a bit of a stress on the budget. However, if Facebook ads are done properly, with a limited budget and a weekly cap, then it can be helpful in spreading content further on the social media. Advertisements are available on every social site, from LinkedIn to Pinterest; every social media site has built in advertisement options.
5. Use Influencers: There are two ways to reach people on the social media. For sponsored content, social media ads are a good option. However, if one needs the organic traffic, then they need to get into the viewer’s time line. This is exactly where the influencers came in handy.
Social media influencers have the potential to reach a lot of people’s timeline because they have a huge follower base. When an influencer shares any content, the chances of that content going viral and the hash tags trending becomes a lot higher.
6. Link out to other Bloggers: Getting bloggers to share your content is often difficult. This process can be made totally organic by linking out to other bloggers. Most bloggers believe in the idea of returning the favor and the moment you link to them, they too start planning about how to link back to you.
This same process can be used to get more shares to your own content by sharing other bloggers content. Simply tag them to get quicker results.
7. Tweet out Snippets: Most bloggers and web masters make the mistake of tweeting out the article title only. Tweets can be created from catchy snippets which are hidden within the article itself. This way, deeper parts of the article can be shared and more value can be obtained from the content.
8. Contests: Running a contest and making it a requirement to follow and share the articles to join the contest will give people an incentive to share the content. This process is fairly easy and mostly automated where the user will click a button to follow and share the article and then automatically take part in the contest by dropping their email ids.
9. Newsletters: Getting access to a user’s inbox is quite a privilege. Email inbox is a private space and if you as a content marketer can enter that space and keep sending emails that are being read, then it is quite an achievement. Newsletters are a great way to make sure that people read the articles, because when you send the articles by email, people can read those at their leisure.
10. Content Collaboration: This is usually a form of roundup, however roundups are huge and they take up quite some time to get ready and published. Doing smaller scale content collaboration is easy and it only takes a few days time to get such a collaborated article ready and live.
11. eBooks: Converting the articles into eBooks is more of a content re-purposing method, but this same idea works well for content amplification as eBooks can be downloaded which allows people to consume it later when time allows. More than one article can be added to an eBook which means more articles will be read in a single download.
12. Content Blocking: While content should be available as-is without any barriers, but asking for a tweet in-order to view the blocked content isn’t really too much to ask? Such technology already exists and all you need to do is to install the free wordpress plugins to make it work.
13. Insert Tweetables: The whole concept of content amplification works if sharing content becomes easy. Adding one click tweet it button makes this process of tweeting easier for the reader. This is also a way to get a lot of unique content based tweets because the tweet-text isn’t the title of the post here, but the snippet that was set as tweetable.
14. Syndicate: If you want to leverage the audience of other people then it is important that you let others post your content, preferably as a snippet. This process of auto-publishing of content by linking back to the original source is known as syndication.
15. Discord and Telegram: These are further ways in which one can build a Discord group or a Telegram channel and then when ever new content is posted on your blog, make sure to give a link to it from these places.
Simply making good content isn’t enough, for the same content to be consumed, one needs to think creatively and find ways in which more and more content is consumed on a regular basis.