For an online business, backlinks are the greatest assets. If there’s enough quality and authority sites linking to your domain then your online presence will get a boost in the rankings, else there’s plenty of new and useless sites out there that no one visits as they aren’t visible in the search engines.
There are many ways to get good links for your website but the links that are earned, or gained by good means, lasts longer and in time, they become even more valuable. Links created by cheaper and easier methods usually gets removed in time.
Here, we will discuss 21 high quality link building tips.
1. Guest Blogging: Guest Blogging is perhaps the easiest way to get started with link building. As a blogger you are already contributing to your blog which means you are producing content on a regular basis. Along with this, start a small outreach campaign and reach out to your fellow bloggers and ask them if they want a guest post. If they agree, create some more content and send them an article and see if they publish it.
2. Blog Comments: Commenting on other blogs is a great way to build relevant links. This technique can also be scaled by searching for blog posts on topics that are relevant to your article title. Then hunt for blogs that are dofollow in the comments section.
3. Forum Posts: There are some forums that allow signature links. If you search enough, you might even find some forums that allow posting of relevant links along with the answers to the threads.
4. Sponsored Posts: If you want to pay your way in link building then sponsored and paid posts are good ways to quickly build links. In such an arrangement, one can ask for keyword rich anchors and build strong backlinks that are both relevant and targeted.
5. Social media content sharing sites: There are certain social sites on the internet that allow user generated content. Here, all you need to do is to share some content that you already have on your blog. These shared snippets of your content will get you backlinks to your own articles.
6. Web 2.0 Posting: There’s plenty of web2.0 websites on the internet that allow posting of content. These sites are usually free to join, all you have to do is to register and start posting.
7. Creating Accounts on Websites: There are some sites on the internet that allows us to signup. Whatever be the actual reason behind this signup, which depends on site to site, but for our benefit such sites usually have a profile page which is visible to the public. If such a profile page has a link field that you can fill up, then it is a great way to get a quick link to your website.
8. Making free websites: Some services on the internet allow us to build a free website, usually hosted by a sub-domain, which is hosted on the service provider’s domain. Since it is free to create and takes only a minute to set it up, these are easy ways to get a backlink.
9. Blogging on Hosted services: Medium for example is a top place to start a blog. It is so good that some people don’t blog on their domain anymore; rather they keep their main blog on Medium. There are plenty of other sites that provide the same service and can be used to add content and build backlinks from within the posts.
10. Sharing on Social Media: If you actively share your content on as many social media sites as possible, you will see that certain smaller social sites does provide do follow links and in time there will be quite a few social sites which will be actively linking to your content.
11. Helping out Journalists: This service HARO is an excellent way to build links where you help out a journalist with content related to your niche or your expertise and in return, the journalist sometimes link to your website.
12. Participating in Roundups: Taking part in a roundup pretty much gets you a link and in most cases, this link is usually do follow. If you have participated in a roundup that is hosted on a strong blog then your earned link will be pretty good.
13. Giving Interviews: There are several sites that publish interviews and in most cases, one can link to a variety of content pages from within the interview.
14. Outreach for Broken Links: Every site that is running for some time has plenty of broken links but like most site owners, people tend to ignore this issue. If you are able to present your resource as an alternative to the resource which is missing or is broken – say a competitor is out of business, in such a case, there’s plenty of broken links that you can fill in for.
15. Infographics: People like to use good graphics and if you have good quality infographics and you are allowing people to re-publish it in their sites then there will be plenty of site owners who will be happy to give you a back link in return.
16. Provide Testimonials: If you browse through the internet, you will find plenty of sites that are publishing testimonials and if they can publish and link out for testimonials, you might get a shot at it as well.
17. Link Out: There are many bloggers who link back to those that are linking to them. This is sort of like they say, thank you for linking. You will be surprised to see how many bloggers like to return the kindness.
18. Web Directories: Directories still work as a means to build links, but rather than over doing it, look for directories that are on your niche and carefully select the ones from which you want a back link.
19. Build resourceful Content: This is one of those tips where you build it and they will come. But even if they don’t come, they can be brought by various means. The bottom line remains that you still need the resource.
20. Ask for Links: Sometimes, all you need to do is to ask. Just ask for it and if your content is good, you might get a link.
21. Press Release: This is one of those old hat tips and even now press release works for building links. If your news has that edge, then your release might get viral and then you will get very strong links.
There are still many more ways to build links and most of them work in some capacity. However, we have only listed a handful to get started. These tips will be enough to build links for the long term and such links lasts longer than most other type of links.