Blog Engage $650 USD Guest Blogging Qualifying Article
ok, so i mucked up, i didn’t understand the guidelines or rules. i have a history of not grasping instructions. although dear reader i do think that a set of very simple “rules for dummies” could help very simple dummies like me.
well it seems i have to post a post about posting, seo, tips, tricks, marketing, design and another reasonably dry subjects. the range is limited only by my own ignorance it seems. i don’t think i can do it justice but i’ll try, only because it’s the understanding of these things that will help you to spread the word about your blog or website. i know that tbaoo could do with such clarity. more readers, greater quality of hits, comments and if all’s well in the cyberspace universe, more money for you. i’d buy that for a dollar.
firstly, take the advice of the experts and you’ll find many of them residing within and enjoying the benefits of blog engage. it’s a mecca for the knowledgable. just click on the banner above if you have any doubts.
having doubts is a natural human reaction, all you need to do is find out what the whole thing is about and your doubts will be calmed. even though calm is not a normal frame of mind for a blogger, the right amount of tension is healthy i think.
this list was first posted on tbaoo and i think serves me well in completing this contest entry task. please ad your own great tips below and let’s see if it comes to anything. thanks brian, hold on tight and here we go: (this is targeted at wordpress but could apply to other formats i think ?)
- decide if you really want to write, show, or document your life
- decide what parts of it you want to share
- decide what part of other people’s life you might what to expose
- don’t use blogger – it’s so absolutely bulky and frustratingly annoying
- do get a free wordpress theme and their hosting to start off, check this out for a list of options
- after 3 months of regular posting and if you’re still keen to continue while developing your skills and audience, get your own domain name .. just a .com will do, they’re cheap
- find a local or international hosting company that fits your budget, it’s not that expensive
- learn how to upload and manage your blog files via ftp
- major point here !! wordpress really is the easiest way to manage your material
- insert loads of relevant photos into your blog
- make sure that you figure out the correct size of the photos within your theme
- don’t publish the admin and meta section in the side bar
- don’t fall into the trap that we all have in the past and overload your sidebar, footer, header or posts with badges, free directory links or other unnecessary clutter
- make sure that you remain true to the reason you decided to have a blog in the first place
- have loads of fun
- figure out how to insert google analytics, adsense ( not too many ), and a powerful comment management system
- search for ways to broaden your reach without limiting yourself within a narrow focus
- make friends with facebook, twitter, stumble upon and other great media
- get yourself a pet if you don’t have one, that’s just some general lifestyle advice thrown in, while i’m in the groove
- after 6 months and when you think you have a need to continue, buy a premium theme
- above all be yourself, don’t be me and don’t be others
- don’t buy a flash new car based on your blog’s future earnings
please retain this solid and unencumbered information any way you wish, print it out, share it, post it, link to it, link from it, talk about it, deny all knowledge of it all publicly, while following it’s intent like your life depended on it.
there we go, have I managed to elucidate with a degree of articulation ? have i covered the issues at hand, do you feel suitably informed. have i won a prize, well dear reader we’ll have to wait and see. so off you go now, read, absorb, ignore and publicise. never, ever – ever forget to promote, tweet, plug and spread the word … the word (s) is blog engage !!