For many of us, Monday tends to be the most dreaded day of the week because Monday is a killjoy that signifies the end of sleeping in and having the spare time to partake in the activities in which we enjoy for those of us who work or go to school (which is my case) or have some other commitment to tend to Monday through Friday. It does not take an Albert Einstein figure out the equation Monday + Work or School = Playtime Is Over for those of us follow society’s tradition of working or attending school on the weekdays. We just simply have to work with our Mondays and make the most of them as they are inevitable and it does no one any good to hold any disdain for the inevitable.
In this article, I am going to outline five tips to transform your Mondays into your Super days. Instead of letting Monday get you down in the dumps or cause you to become displaced in the blue areas of life, let Monday be the day where you shine the most. Make Monday your day! Monday does not have to carry the negative connotation that the majority of people have given it because life is primarily subjective and the power to cause a positive shift in anything you do or in any place you are lies within your very own mind and attitude toward something. Ultimately, you have to make a conscious decision to make your Monday a positive day and that is how you have a positive Monday. I know this may be a bit corny, but do what I do, stand in the mirror and look at yourself and tell yourself that you are going to have a good day today when you are in the bathroom getting prepared for the day. Declare your good day!
Here are five tips to have a good Monday:
- Be Industrious — Set the tone for your workweek as soon you enter your workplace or your school! Be all business on Monday and do not slack off whatsoever. I want you to literally attack everything you do with a tenacity to produce results that cannot be matched by any of your counterparts. Starting off your Monday really, really strongly by getting a lot done for the day does not mean in any way that you should slow down or slack off a bit for the rest of the week, if anything the exact opposite is true! You have to be unwavering in your industriousness throughout the entire week. This is the attitude that I have been taking with all of my classes since the beginning of my senior year of high school (I think I’m going to miss high school with this being my last year) and it shows through my current grades. As the cool kids say, “Go hard!” You’ve got to go hard on your Mondays and show your dominance over all adversity that comes your way!
- Make It Special — Give your Mondays a whole new meaning. You could do nice things for people on Monday, you could be the person who gives the most compliments on Monday, you could be the person who wakes up at 5 AM and goes for a morning run on Mondays (I don’t hear too many claps for this one :)), and so on. I think you get the point that I am trying to demonstrate which is make your Mondays mean something other than the end of your weekend, your fun, and your free time. Be the game changer that you were born to be! I am sure you have heard this many times before, but you have to do different things if you want different results. You could even start a new trend for Mondays as new trends are being born every day!
- Stop Procrastinating — Do you have something that you have been meaning to do for a long time, but have yet to do it? If so, then use your Monday to do that thing you have been meaning to do for quite some now. It never pays to not even try as trying is the basis of all success. Always remember that it never hurts to try, but it does hurt to never try as you do not want to sell yourself short. I know people right now who desire to lose weight, but whenever I invite them to come to the gym with me as a guest, they look at me as if I am somehow insane for even bothering to ask. Silly people! If you have something that you want to do, but have never been able to get around to actually doing it, then Monday is the best day to start hands down!
- Do Not Complain — I hear so many people (particularly other high school students) complaining about how they are so pissed off that their weekend is over and it is Monday. Complaining is not going to change a thing at all because no matter how much one complains about it being Monday it will still be Monday and life will continue to occur with or without a person, so you might as make your Monday count and that brings me the next and last tip of this list.
- Make The Day Count — Have something to show for the 24 hours that you have lived on Monday! What new things have you attained? What new things have you experienced? What new lessons or knowledge have you learned with your Monday? Whose life have you improved with your Monday? Did you make any significant progress of any kind with your Monday? Bottom line, make your Monday count because you cannot magically change the days, so you might as well make each day count for what it is, opportunity!
Tags: Good Monday